Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday 05/09/10 Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there!!

This week was pretty good for me. I actually got a couple of runs in, which is a step in the right direction.
Monday was to be a day off, but I went for a double spin class. Up at 4:30 AM and to the gym by 4:45 AM for the first class at 5:00 and the second at 6:00. This is a pretty good workout and I am drenched in sweat by the end.

Tuesday was a swim workout in the AM. A ladder workout of 2450 yds. Went well. I am feeling comfortable in the water finally. Tuesday PM was a bike and run, but I didn't have my new bike shoes yet, so I blew off the workout.

Wednesday was a spin workout at 5:00 AM. I only did the one session as I had to get to work.

Thursday was a run workout but I went for Friday's swim workout instead. 3850 yds, a little over 2 miles. Went well, but I was tired when I was finished. My event is 2.4 miles, which is 4224 yds. My yardage is catching up on that number very quickly.

Friday was the swim workout and I should make up the run I missed on Thursday, but I decide to go for a 2 hour spin class again. Again, it went well and I was drenched in sweat when it was over, but I cannot continue to blow off this many runs. Meenu starts to call me Aquaboy, since I have been missing so many runs. She is busting my chops that I am only going to be able to do the AquaBike. I cannot continue to miss the runs. I am getting too close to the event to miss more runs.

Saturday we go up to Napa and ride the Silverado Trail. 56 miles, out and back, and for some reason it is in to a head wind both ways. I don't know how that works but it does. I ride with Haakon, Tony, BK, Jim and Les to start off with. I had my new shoes on and had switched my seat the night before to a narrower seat. I thought I had put the new seat on in the same position, but after a few miles, it was apparent that I did not have the set up correct. I felt like I was reaching for the handlebars and for the pedals. My lower back was killing me at the half way point. I made a slight adjustment to the seat at the water stop and that improved the pain, but something was still off. I will continue to work on that to get it right. I finished the ride in about 2 hours 45 minutes. I was happy with the time since the pain I was in. We had a very short 2 mile run after the ride. BK and I ran that together. Brian is a much better runner than I, so I struggled to keep up, but I managed to finish the run with him (I think he slowed down for me).

Sunday was a 12 mile long slow distance run. I met some teammates over at the Iron Horse Trail. I take off with Haakon and Nic. MISTAKE!! They are both too fast for me to keep up with through 12 miles. I keep up for the first 3 miles, but then my day starts to go downhill. The rest of the run goes, but I have to change from running a 9 min run:1 min walk to a 5:1.
Not the way I want my runs to go.

I have 11 weeks or so until my event. Which gives me about 8 weeks to get ready for the marathon portion. Time to start running......

No comments:

Post a Comment